четверг, 6 февраля 2014 г.

Our Southern Colonial – Two Years Later

Our Southern Colonial – Two Years Later

I’m so excited to be sharing with you guys today. It’s the first Cozy Living post for this new year and I wanted to start it off with a look back. You can see last months Cozy Living post here. December marked a very happy anniversary, the two year anniversary to the start of purchasing and renovating our southern colonial. If you’re new here, no worries! You can see the full before house tour here and read all the beginning of our adventure. It has been a crazy, exhausting, and such a rewarding journey. When I look around and see all the rooms that we haven’t started to renovate yet I get a little antsy until I look back and see how far we have come. The cozy living series is all about what makes our homes cozy to us and I thought this was the perfect time to share the transformation of a truly gross before to a lovely and cozy after.


Come on in!



Since I took a nice little break around Christmas time I haven’t had a chance to fully photograph the house. There’s some Christmas photos mixed in but I wanted the photos to be recent. Let’s just start at the beginning.


The Foyer:



After




The Coat Closet After





You can read all about our budget-friendly staircase makeover here and more of the foyer here.


The Family Room – Before



Just look at all of those trash bags, all 28 of them! You can read all about our shoveling of the trash left behind in my original post.


After


Timeless Christmas Home



The Kitchen – Before



After


timeless kitchen makeover


You can catch all the details about our kitchen makeover here. This was one room that took use almost two years to complete but it’s also one of my favorite rooms. It was well worth the wait.


The Breakfast Nook – Before



After


Timeless Thanksgiving Tablescape

Timeless Thanksgiving Tablescape

The Dining Room – Before



Who doesn’t want a sharpie menu on their dining room walls? Me! Me!


After


12 Days of Holiday Homes



You can see the full dining room makeover here.


Last spring for the One Room Challenge we tackled our laundry/powder room. It was one of those spaces we just cleaned up as best as possible and painted. I cringed anytime guest had to use the restroom. Let’s face it, it was pretty far from welcoming.


The Laundry/Powder Room – Before




After





One of the worst rooms in the house had to be what is now my son’s room. Removing the wallpaper glue may have brought me to tears but we pushed through and it’s not glue free!


Charlie’s Room – Before



After



You can find our free DIY plans for Charlie’s clubhouse bed here.





I used to say I’d never make a chalkboard wall. I tend to be a bit rebellious but I caved eventually and it’s one of his favorite things in his room. I’d do just about anything for that little man.


The Master Bedroom – Before



After


Classic Red Christmas Bedroom

Classic Red Christmas Bedroom

Classic Red Christmas Bedroom

Classic Red Christmas Bedroom

You can see the start of our bedroom makeover here and the full Christmas bedroom tour here.


This year I’m dying to tackle my husbands office renovation, finish my office and my son’s bathroom and possibly get around to our guest bedroom. The thing about creating a cozy home that I’ve really learned these past two years is that everything doesn’t have to be perfect to be cozy. Cozy can be right where your family and the things you love live. I’m learning to not sweat the small stuff and to let the anxiety of living in a fixer upper roll right down my back. It’s been a struggle for me in the past and it hasn’t come easy but the Lord has really allowed me over the last two years to let that go. I’m learned to enjoy my home in the midst of the imperfections. If I’m honest with myself I would be bored to death with a finished house anyways!


Have a great weekend everyone and hop over to the next blog for some cozy inspiration. With this cold weather I’m taking all the help I can get!


Cozy Living in January

Cozy Living in January

Cozy Living in January


Original article and pictures take i2.wp.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий